Cultivate your passion. Apply your talents. Make an impact
*Applications are typicall due in mid-February each year. Please fill out an online application form and submit your resume to Allison Dulin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Education Scholars is a new "Transition to Impact" summer program for Davidson students interested in driving change at every level of our education system. This program places eight students in immersive, project-based summer internships with local partners in and around the school system in Charlotte.
As an Education Scholar you will:
- Conduct a high-impact project within a leading education organization
- Participate in regular enrichment workshops facilitated by local experts that explore and analyze complex issues in education and contextualize your work experience
- Live in community with peers just outside of Charlotte's vibrant Uptown
- Access a network of innovative practitioners, academic experts, and change-makers who can serve as mentors and resources
- Program dates are late May through early August
- Scholars live together in Johnson C. Smith University's Mosaic Village on West Trade Street just outside of Uptown Charlotte. These are apartment style suites
- Each Scholar receives a $3,000 stipend and Charlotte-based housing. All other expenses (food, transportation, etc.) are the scholar's responsibility
- Students write for an Education Scholars group blog, created by the group to reflect their experiences and ideas
- Students are selected for the program by a small committee based on their passion, maturity, experience with project management, and suitability with our community partner's needs. Previous experience with education through coursework, campus clubs, or work experience is preferred, but not required
- Rising sophomores, juniors, and seniors are encourage to apply. Graduating seniors may not apply
- Frequent night and weekend commitments are expected