Hours of Operation: Monday – Friday 7:00 am – 4:00 pm*, year-round.
*Closed for lunch from 12:00 noon-1:00 pm
Forms of Payment
Mail charges are billed monthly to departments.
USPS mail and Intra-Campus Mail
Classes of Mail Dispatched
Both types of mail are sorted and distributed into mailboxes by 11:00 am daily.
Mail to outlying offices is delivered twice daily; outgoing mail from these offices is also picked up at the time of delivery.
This outgoing mail, including bulk mailings and intra-campus mail, is processed continuously throughout the day.
Mail Piece Design and Large Mailings
- Media Mail
- Library Mail
- International Mail
- Standard (Bulk) Mail
Mail center staff gladly advise departments on the design of mail pieces, as well as the "how to's" for large mailings (200 or more pieces), to help with maximum time and cost efficiencies.
- These are identical flyers or brochures which do not contain individual names or addresses.
- They are simply “stuffed” into all mail boxes or into those specified by the department.
- See "Policies and Procedures" for information on the types of stuffings that are permitted.
SmartMailing: For Bulk Mailings
- This is a method of addressing envelopes and newsletters with the most up-to-date mailing addresses, along with the correct bar-coding.
- Departmental address lists are first verified electronically for the most current information.
- Then, the addresses, including bar codes, are printed directly onto mail pieces or labels.
- This eliminates the need for hand-addressed or stick-on addressed labels, saving time and money.
- The three classes of mail offered are:
- First Class
- Pre-sorted First Class (minimum of 500 pieces)
- Pre-Sorted Standard (minimum of 200 pieces—least expensive rate)
- The Mail Center staff is available to review potential mailings with you to verify that the format and paper used are compatible with SmartMailing.