Davidson College faculty, staff and student drivers must meet Motor Vehicle requirements to drive any campus vehicle. Drivers pursuing HOV (High Occupancy Vehicle) certification to drive vehicles with more than 7 passengers must follow these procedures:
1. Complete the Authorization to Check Motor Vehicle Records Form and deliver to Human Resources:
Jackson Court 11
2. After HR confirms eligibility to drive a HOV vehicle, the driver will receive an email from Motor Pool containing a web link to the Alert Driver test.
3. When a driver passes the Alert Driver test, Motor Pool will email the driver the upcoming dates for HOV vehicle training.
4. After passing HOV driver training and signing the Driver Agreement Form the driver is authorized to drive a HOV.
5. Drivers read the Motor Pool Guidelines to understand and comply with driver responsibilities.
6. Students must notify their faculty/staff sponsor of HOV driver authorization.
Notes: Driver certification is only required once during employment or enrollment. Previously certified HOV drivers are "grandfathered" as certified and do not need recertification.
Student Motor Vehicle Record checks will be conducted annually by HR. Any violation of the Motor Pool Guidelines may result in a suspension or loss of privilege to drive a College vehicle.