Each summer, Davidson students are invited to apply for the premier DRI Summer Research Program. First year students, sophomores and juniors are eligible to apply. The application deadline will be during the month of January and will be announced at the beginning of the fall semester through emails to faculty and through a posting on The Crier.
DRI Fellows present their research results at the Fall Campus Research Symposium and are expected to present the results of their summer work at regional or national meetings during the year following their fellowship. DRI Fellows are also encouraged to publish the results of their work in professional journals.
- foster collaborative student-faculty research in all of the liberal arts disciplines
- establish a vibrant campus-wide community of undergraduate research during the summer
Davidson College Summer Research Fellows receive:
- $480/week for a maximum of 10 weeks
- a housing allowance of $1,200
- up to $1,000 for supplies and travel: Funds for supplies must be made during the summer of the fellowship and funds for travel may be made during the summer of the fellowship or during the following academic year.