Part of the Davidson Research Initiative, the Group Investigations Program provides funds for:
- off-campus trips in courses that are exploring questions that would benefit from a trip to a museum, field site or other off-campus location during a semester break or the summer
- trips during the semester, if approved first by the Educational Policy Committee. Please review Appendix B: Absence Policies for details.
- “not-for-credit” student trips led by faculty
- group study of an artifact, rare volume, work of art or other tangible property that is brought to campus.
Applying for DRI Group Investigations Funds
Faculty members may submit a proposal to the program director by the beginning of April for Fall Semester courses and mid-September for Spring Semester courses. Applications will be reviewed by the program director, the VPAA and the department chair.
The proposal should contain:
- pedagogical goals of the investigation
- a detailed description of itinerary and activities
- number of students traveling
- a detailed budget, not to exceed $15,000
- plans to evaluate the outcome of the course
All participants will be expected to make a campus presentation following the experience and to report any publications or dissemination of the work to the program director.