Managers and Supervisors have responsibilities for their employees over the life-cycle of employment. Be sure to check out the HR Highlights--Supervisory Newsletter for the latest notes (and let us know if you are not receiving it and should be!). Other commonly used forms are available on every page of the Supervisor's section at the top right of the page.
Managers and Supervisors have many day to day responsibilities. The following resources can assist you in your duties.
FILLING A POSITION:
Selecting the right employee goes beyond the interview process. Understand all the steps necessary not just to select the employee but to keep them.
- Recruiting (PeopleAdmin, Advertising, Posting Rules and more)
- Hiring (Offer letters, Forms, Steps, and Required documentation)
- Orientation (New Employee Orientation, Office Orientation, IT Orientation etc.)
- Training (what more do they need to know? CMS Training, Banner Training etc)
How happy are you with your team (and are they happy with you!)
- Progressive Discipline (Warning forms and the employee improvement process
- Performance Management (Annual employee goals and appraisals)
- Coaching and Teambuilding (Tools to make your maximize your staff's performance
- Training (what more do they need to know? CMS Training, Banner Training etc) Employee
LEAVES AND ABSENCES:
When can an employee be absent from work and what laws govern the leaves?
An employee's departure can be difficult for any reason. Following the appropriate steps will help you, the college, and the departing employee.
- Firing (How to avoid it and what to do if you can't)
- Retirement (Retirement policies and procedures)
- Resignations (Departing employees and the steps to take)