Grants and Contracts is a full-service (pre- and post-award) office that manages administrative processes related to Davidson College’s externally funded grants. Our office acts as a liaison between faculty, college administrators and funding agencies. Grants and Contracts services include but are not limited to:
- To receive up-to-date information on funding opportunities relevant to Davidson faculty interests, go to the Grants & Contracts Funding Opportunities Blog.
- We also subscribe to two powerful databases: GrantForward and the Grant Advisor Plus, a leading source of information on grants, research, and fellowship opportunities for faculty.
- Additionally we routinely conduct individual funding searches in connection with upcoming sabbatical leaves, new or continuing research, curriculum development, workshops and equipment.
- Obtain and provide sponsor guidelines and application forms
- Clarify agency guidelines
- Proposal review
- Budget preparation
- Obtain college approvals and signatures
- Duplicate and mail proposals
- Follow up on the status of pending proposals
- Assist in the negotiation of awards and execution of contracts
- Set up and manage grant accounts
- Provide quarterly financial reports
- Grant close-out
The links on the side bar of our web site provide detailed information beginning with proposal planning all the way through grant close-out.
Please feel free to contact us at (704) 894-2181.